A 17-month-old baby dies Monday after ingesting acid used to clean the air conditioner, according to media reports.

La Crónica newspaper reported that the baby died in Regional Hospital 31 of the Mexican Institute of Social Security where he was admitted Sunday.

The baby, who was identified as Alan, was first admitted to an Institute Family Medical Unit and eventually transferred to the hospital.

The incident was notified to the authorities at 7:15 p.m. Sunday by hospital staff.

The baby had symptoms of intoxication, blood vomiting, breath difficulty and neurological damage.

The incident is under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *